Friday 23 May 2008

Being a dad is always a gamble

I was emailing a friend of mine today at work KG, I told him that being a dad was always a big gamble, I try to explain that its about doing the right thing and the right time and you dont always make it.

He says that he never gambles, especially not with money. I write back to him with some ramblings.

Every day is a perpetual gamble KG, like crossing the road, or wondering if your wife going to do a john wayne bobbet while you sleep. It’s a lot like wondering whether your going to put a bosch titanium drill throught your thumb the next time your doing DIY.

Speculation is Acculumation and times ticks quicker than we anticipate, that’s why I always drive like the golf gti is stolen. I like the life on the edge, so everybody bets.

But theres nothing that makes you want to win a bit more, when you’ve gambled your bread and milk money.

Being a dad is a lot like that I think. Its a tightrope spud, its a tightrope.

No comments: