Saturday 31 May 2008

Having to work Saturdays

Its a stunning day today and I should be taking a break from working.

Its saturday, the sun is shing, the birds are singing, the trees are not swaying in any breeze and their is not a cloud in the sky.

Therefore, why am I not happy.

Im not happing because I am skint and cant afford to take the kids out anywhere, on top of that Connie is working which completely ruins any chance of a family day out.

Why on earth would any team leader in their right minds roster a person in for a Saturday for 2 hours.

I can understand the need for someone having to work a saturday, but for only two hours seems like a complete and utter waste or time, effort, resources and quite honestly it bugs my happiness.

I wouldnt mind so much if it was first thing in the morning, but by scheduling her in from 4 to 6 really fucks up my day. I simply dont see the point.

I have asked her countless times to go and see her work and get a day off at the weekend and she claims that she has done this but nobody is listening to her.

I want to scream at her that she isnt saying the right words and why not do those two hours together with the two stupid hours she is supposed to do tomorrow, rather than completely ruin my weekend.

We cant just have a nice saturday out somewhere with the kids all because some window licker needs tablets admistered to them between the hours of 4 to 6. I have nothing against her clients, in fact all of them are actually quite nice, but they have families and what are their families doing on a Saturday, yip family stuff. They are going out and enjoying themselves safe in teh knowledge that some other muppet has to work with them so they can go off and do what families do at the weekends.

This makes me altogether mad.

Connie asks me on the way out the house if we are all not talking to her because she has to go to work, I lie convincingly well and tell her not to bother.

The kids go into the loft, where i have hung a punch bag, my middle daughter belts ten bells out of it and holly skips.

No comments: