Thursday 15 May 2008

Unhappy hormones part 2

Every day just seems to be an emotional rollercoaster this week. I thought that the fairies had returned hormones to their normal level of service but not today.

Our eldest daughter was on the phone last night as she had found a picture of her current boyfriend's (who i currently think is quite a nice bloke) ex girlfriend in a an old box under his bed.
For some reason this upset her greatly and she was on the phone roaring and greeting. I pointed out that she had pictures of her ex boyfriends on her PC and her new squeeze didnt seem to mind.

I happened to call her a fruit cake to connie and she has been living the dream ever since.

Today at work, I phoned connie to ask how she was and see what she had planned for the day and how the bump was.

She told me she had seen Lauren and she was still upset. I called her a fruitcake and the atmosphere became decidedly icey.

I called her later and still icey.

I called her later again and told her I was fed up of all the ice maiden routine and I was expecting a nice warm welcome when I got home. I joked with her that I wasnt going to take any pish from her.

I gets home and its all morbid and water works, the night went downhill from there.

Connie says she is tearfull, fed up, depressed, bored. I tell her to get a grip but Im digging myself a deeper and deeper hole. AGAIN. Why do I never learn just to keep my big fat skinny gob shut.

The dog shits in next door neighbours garden, I take the bucket out, I work like I do every night. Either working on the computer or at the moment I am converting our loft into an extra bedroom for our middle daughter for when the baby arrives. I even find time to read Holly some stories from the next books she got at the library today. I am knackered and in no mood for this shit.

I happen to ask connie if she had any free time on her hands tomorrow could she phone the mortgage company and see if they wil give us 3K to finish the loft. Well, there it started.

I dont know how to do that, they will ask me lots of details I wont know the answers to...
Why are you spending money on the loft when you could be doing up the kitchen, blah blah blah blah.....

Theres no winning for me, I only have one pair of hands and I am literally working at full tilt as it is. I have promised her that she will get the house finished before the baby is here but before i take more money on our mortgage I want to be debt free.

I told her after we got back together in December that I planned to be debt free by the end of June (on target) and that once this happened I could afford to take extra money on the mortgage to finish the house.

Even although its still the middle of may and the only money that I have spent on the loft is a couple hundred quid, she doesnt seem to appreciate that I dont have the money just now to do the kitchen, but 3K from the bank to do the loft wouldnt really be a big issue.

A short row ensues.

Why cant I just come home to someone happy and smiling thats enjoying being pregnant. The fact is she is bloody miserable quite honestly most of the time.

Im not sure if this is pregnant hormones or not, connie hasnt even been really know to be the smiley type.

Will hang in there and see what the big dipper is doing tomorrow.

No comments: