Saturday 31 May 2008

The bucket list

I cried today

Cried uncontrollably

Cried like a child

I think i just need to let it out


I was up before everybody else and I had a pirate copy of the bucket list with morgan freeman and jack nicholson

I had been putting off watching up as the guy that had leant me it said that it had sweedish subtitles. I cracked this morning and finally gave into the sleep deprovation and got up before everybody else.

The house was silent and apart from the crunch of the wooden floor and the sound of the whooshing kettle it was just me and the dog and the telly.

I dont usually watch pirate movies, not that I am particularly against them, but usually because they are such bad quality.

Luckily, i was able to switch the subtitles off and to my surprise it was of perfect viewablitilty.

I would recommend to anyone that they should watch it, it was truly excellent. Its about two guys that become friends after they discover they both have cancer and decide to live a little in their remaining months. They make a bucket list and jump out of a plane, race a mustang, see the world. It was realy really good.

I dont know why I cried, I suppose it reminded me that life is indeed too short, maybe it reminded me of the sadness I would feel when my own dad expires. Maybe I just needed to let out some emotion. I dont know. Maybe it just makes me a sensitive dad.

Connie was up by this time and consoles me.

I start a bucket list.

No comments: