Saturday 17 May 2008

Week 24 updates - comments

Connie told me today that for the first time she had checked the weekly update on the website we use by herself.

I'm to blame here though, we always check it on a Saturday together and I was out on the beer today with a couple of friends of mine having a little me time.

Its the first time since new year (almost 5 months ago) that I had a drink, not that I drunk much at the best of times. Its also the first time that I have been out with friends.

The six pints of guiness are sitting heavily in my stomach and I can just tell that come tomorrow morning I will be experiencing the joys of pooping out the eye of the needle. My ass will be like a clowns pocket, a ripped out fireplace or a magicians sleeve.

As paul and leslie put it (both like a beer) I will be flying the japanese flag in my bathroom, but I cant understand what they mean by this :)

Mind you, I will have to get used to dirty bums again soon, so may as well take it on the chin.

I got a little distracted their for a moment, but Im a little dissapointed that she checked it herself, I like to read to her how babys getting on. Its quite hard sometimes being an active part of the pregnancy when your a dad.

I give bump a nice rub and give connie a hug while she tells me that technically baby could potentiatlly survive outside the womb at this stage in its development. I hope that doesnt ever happen to us, I just want it to have 10 fingers and 10 toes and it to be absolutely healthy with no black shadows to worry about.

She also tells me that some dads experience pride in their wifes at this stage, but I dont think that I feel this particulary different from normal, I am always proud of her. I should probably show it more though and I will endevour to do so.

She looks good today, she is giving off a glow and the top she is wearing is a smart black and dotty one that sort of cuddles bump. She looks very pregnant and I like her bump, I like seeing pregnant women when they sort of rest one hand on top of the bump, like its a leaning post and she is subconciously holding this pose today while she sits and watches britains got talent.

Im pleased to say that their is no water works or pregnant hormones today, or at least none that are aimed at me as an angry parent has come to the door about her middle daughter.

Think I have straightened that out in a rather diplomatic fashion, ever the peace keeper, but feel an overwhelming protective adrenalin injection when it comes to connie or the kids.

My hands are still shaking a little from the rush and Im going to suggest that we go upstairs in a minute and I will give her a rub with some stretch mark spray that she likes.

This was in a expectant mummy pamper set that I bought her some time ago, with nice lotions, creams and sprays which are kind to baby bumps, but I have to confess that she might have pampered me with it more often that I have her.

No comments: